16 January 2009

Property and Patents

Surveying American real property law in 50 minutes for two classes back-to-back Friday morning was a bit draining. Thanks to input from colleagues Mike Hernandez and Eric DeGroff I was able to hit the high spots. Then it was on to two consecutive sections of Contracts where I was the opening act for Professor Singh on the topic of consideration. A few interesting differences between the American and Indian understandings of the doctrine, although I suspect there are fewer differences of results. But I’m only a piker when it comes to teaching if compared with NLU’s newest visiting professor, Dr. Lily, Mei-Hsin, Wang, of the Graduate School of Material Sciences in Taiwan. Dr. Lily has a Ph.D. in chemistry as well as an LL.M. and will be lecturing four hours per day, five days a week, for four straight weeks. What a way to spend your winter break! Her lectures will deal with patent law (TRIPS and the like) as well as the details of patent registration in the U.S., all far above my understanding. They will be recorded so let me know if you’re interested and I’ll see what I can do. Dr. Lily is also staying at the NLU House so we’ll have the opportunity to get to know her, another benefit of being a Fulbrighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment