18 May 2010

First Day in Taiwan

It took 27 hours from my house to the ground in Taipei and another two and-a-half to make the drive to National Yunlin University of Science & Technology.  Tired?  A bit.  But the journey ended shortly before midnight on Monday and Tuesday saw a Chinese breakfast buffet, a trip to a mountain-side tea house (a steeping pot of freshly picked Oolong for me), and then a lecture at YunTech's "3rd Conference on International Business Issues" (where I wore out my student translator; sorry about that Liu).  Oh yeah, and a banquet for all of us conference speakers.  All organized by dear friend Mei-Hsin Wang.  I've now spoken at two of the three of these YunTech conferences; we'll see about making it three of four.

Today it's on to Chung Yuan Christian University

No comments:

Post a Comment