18 November 2011

Crystal Cathedral Sale

For those who haven't heard (good audio report by NPR here; written summary from L.A. Times here), around 7:00pm Thursday night the Bankruptcy Court hearing the Crystal Cathedral case approved the sale of the assets of the church to the lower bidder, the Catholic Diocese of Orange (County). Notwithstanding the mouthpieces of the church, I don't understand why its board didn't accept the higher bid. I can only assume that either bid would pay the creditors in full so they didn't have a dog in the fight. One hundred percent plans are a great rarity (I was involved in only one in my 15 years of practice) so I can't pin down my feelings of unease--that there's more to the story. But until and unless some further information comes out, this may be my last entry on this sad story of the fall that accompanies mixing the tools and techniques of the business world and the government of Christ's earthly body, the Church.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative post regarding the Crystal Cathedral. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Crystals for Sale
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete