13 March 2012

Ken Hur

That's right, Ken Hur, not Ben Hur. Ken Hur, understatedly characterized as "flamboyant" in his obituary (here) was my first introduction to lawyer advertising. I was living in Madison, Wisconsin while going to law school when I saw an ad featuring the anything-but-svelte Hur surging up from one of Madison's lakes covered with beaded costume jewelry and barking about charging only $100 to file a personal bankruptcy. I've checked YouTube but couldn't find the ad. Let me know if you can track it down. It will be worth your while, believe me.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you it is TRUE. He was my colorful and great next-door neighbor in Key Largo when he retired and until he died. When I first saw the pic of him coming out of the water dripping with gold jewelery I thought it had to have been filmed in the Keys. Nope, Lake Mendota.

    ReplyDelete