21 October 2012

A Whirlwind Week

The past week was the Fall Break for Regent Law School. And not a moment too soon, if you ask me, and there were certainly no complaints about a week without classes from the students. We had expected to spend time with family and friends in the Midwest but hadn't anticipated family matters on the East Coast. I was pleased to be able to spend an evening with pre-law students at my alma mater, Dordt College. I'm hopeful that some will matriculate at Regent.

My visit to the Midwest was cut short, however, by word that my father's health was rapidly failing. I was able to get to the Philadelphia area and spend some time with him before his passing early Friday morning. I will post his obituary soon because his was an eventful life and, to me at least, an interesting one. His evident faith in God and the accomplished work of Christ give us comfort in the face of sadness at our loss.

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry to read of your father's passing. Blessings on you and your family as you celebrate his earthly life and his life everlasting.

    ReplyDelete