14 February 2012

Dale Ihlenfeldt

You can find a touching obituary of Dale E. Ihlenfeldt here. I knew Judge Ihlenfeldt from his time on the bankruptcy bench in Milwaukee. He was an excellent judge. His knowledge of bankruptcy law was encyclopedic and his temperament well-suited to handle folks ranging from arrogant lawyers to pro se petitioners. Judge Ihlenfeldt's work as a mediator was outstanding. He was instrumental in helping me get to a prudent settlement in at least one matter where my client was more difficult than the case.

The obituary hints at Judge Ihlenfeldt's faith with its mention of his church-related work. I had known something of this while a practicing lawyer, and I'm confident his religious commitment underlay both his vocation and his reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment