23 February 2010

Anthony Bradley at Renew 2010

Haven’t meant to ignore the other keynote speaker at WRPC’s Renew 2010 Conference, Anthony Bradley.  I’ve posted a photo of his book cover although Liberating Black Theology wasn’t his theme.  (Seriously, at how many PCA churches would it be the theme?)  Anthony was practical, emphasizing parent-children stuff, which means I don’t have as much to report.  (I’m the father of three Emerging Adults and the father-in-law of a fourth so there’s not much more I can do to er, I mean, for them.)

For parents: To do: starve the idols of comfort, ease, and success.  To replace: these idols with Kingdom-centered living.  To avoid: parenting in isolation--for many adults, children are a reflection of parental competency so performance-oriented parents want to avoid embarrassment at all costs.  A good idea: parental and other adult connections should dictate children’s schedules, not vice versa.  (This last point probably makes no sense to non-American readers who can’t imagine why children’s schedules would dictate anything; believe me, in America children dictate virtually everything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment