03 April 2010

Ghanshyam Singh, R.I.P.

The fleeting nature of life was reinforced with the recent death of the registrar of the National Law University in Delhi, India.  I didn't know Ghanshyam Singh well but I was impressed with his cordial but professional demeanor when I visited NLU-Delhi.  In addition to serving as the administrative force behind the creation of NLU-Delhi, Singh was also instrumental in the founding of Nalsar University of Law in Hyderabad, India.  Communications from faculty and students lead me to believe he will be greatly missed.

(For my American readers, a registrar in an Indian university is a combination of what we would classify as the VP-academic affairs and VP-administration.  In other words, a very significant person in the life of the university, second only to the vice-chancellor (and, in some cases, more important).)

1 comment:

  1. Correction :Ranbir Singh founded NALSAR. Ghanshyam Singh was only a teacher then.

    ReplyDelete