10 September 2015

Coming Soon: 14th Annual Advocates Asia Conference

I paid my first visit to India in 2006 to attend the Fifth Annual Advocates Asia Conference (a brief post here). That initial trip ultimately lead to my Fulbright Scholarship to teach at the National Law University in Jodhpur, as well as several subsequent trips to the subcontinent.

Meeting Christian lawyers from India and Pakistan (as well as many other nations) was a highlight of my experience. The conference included a range of speakers on the state of religious freedom in various countries in Asia and a moot in which law students from a variety of universities participated. There was also great food and lots to see.

2015 brings us to the 14th Annual Conference, which will take place October 22-24 in Dwarka, a suburb of New Delhi. The promo for the conference reads as follows:
The purpose of this conference is to provide fellowship and to bring lawyers, judges, jurists and law students from South East Asia, to a common platform, presenting opportunities to partner and network together across regions and nationalities. The main focus would be on integrity and rule of law.
If you're on Facebook, you can learn more about the conference here.
 
I greatly regret that I will not be able to attend but I urge anyone who is interested to make this conference a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment