12 January 2019

PryorPostsIndia 2.1

For those wondering what's happened since I posted PryorPostsIndia 2.0, read on.

Hurry up and wait is a bit of an overstatement but only a bit. Since arriving in Delhi shortly before midnight (IST) this past Tuesday, I've spent a fair amount of time in my hotel room. Turns out that students National Law University-Delhi, have a longer than typical Winter Break to give them time for an internship in the winter as well as the summer. A good idea, really, but one that slows arranging for a place to stay in the university's guest house because a number of administrators are also taking a break.

But not to worry. Professor Risham Garg, my colleague in my Fulbright project, has been on campus and we have met several times to discuss the research that should be done for my project as well as talk about a syllabus for a joint LL.M. course in comparative bankruptcy law. And I have spent many hours reading some of his books providing, on the one hand, a practice-oriented approach to the workings of India Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and, on the other, integrating regulations as well as administrative and judicial decisions construing the IBC. So far I've identified a number of questions to be pursued (somewhere around 40) so there's little chance of getting bored while here.

No comments:

Post a Comment