20 February 2013

More "Beasts of the Southern Wild"

Late in 2012 I posted here some thoughts about the film Beasts of the Southern Wild. For those who are interested in a more in-depth review go here to read Drew Trotter's post at The Charles Malik Society for Redeeming Reason. LaDonna and I took a class on film taught by Drew way back in 1996 when I was a Masters student at Reformed Theological Seminary. In a phrase, Drew knows film both technically and critically. I'm thus pleased to recommend his review as well as Beasts of the Southern Wild.

(But who in the world is Charles Malik, some of you might wonder? Although  didn't mention Malik in my article, Looking for Bedrock: Accounting for Human Rights (abstract here), he was one of the principal authors of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights that I discuss at some length.)

No comments:

Post a Comment