18 March 2019

PryorPostsIndia 4.1

(For earlier posts about this term as in India as a Fulbright-Nehru Research Scholar go here, here, and here.)

My work with colleague Dr. Risham Garg continues in the phase of data collection. We have prepared a questionnaire for Indian insolvency professionals that addresses their perceptions of four matters: the work of their Insolvency Professional Agency (IPA), the work of other IPAs and their affiliated professionals, the work of the adjudicating authorities (NCLT and NCLAT), and  issues with regard to the substance of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and attendant Regulations.

We are always looking for additional respondents!

Email scottc.pryor@nludelhi.ac.in if you or someone you know is an Indian Insolvency Professional and link to the survey will be sent.

I have also spent time interviewing insolvency professionals and representatives of the IPAs as well as officials at the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India. Various conferences and round-tables on the IBC where I have been a presenter or panelist have also proved a useful investment of my time

Finally, I have learned a great deal about the IBC by co-teaching with Risham Garg a seminar on Comparative Bankruptcy Law at National Law University, Delhi as well as lecturing at National Law University, Jodhpur. The students at both schools ask good questions. Other lecturing opportunities are in the offing.

In short, I've so far been earning my keep. I hope that the final report on the implementation of the IBC proves useful to lawmakers, regulators, and professionals.

(Of course, we've also had time for fun so those interested in a travelogue can stay tuned for my next post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment